Sunday, December 5, 2010

Two Weeks!

This week I finally booked my trip to Paris! Nick and I are taking the train early Friday morning (the 10th) and coming back Sunday afternoon (the 12th). I am SO excited to finally be going- I've sure waited long enough! I'm so excited to finally be able to see the Eiffel Tower in person, wander around the Louvre, and see everything else that Paris has to offer! Plus it's a great way to end my semester abroad- one last "hurrah" trip to another European capital!

In order to go, I have to work hard before hand. This upcoming week is the last wek of class (!!!) so I have to make sure everything is in order before I go. On the 17th I'm off to Düsseldorf to see the Reinecke's and my roommate Sarah and I'm really looking forward to it! Annette (Reinecke) already has a couple things planned for when I get there and I also have made plans to see Sarah and another Theta, Nathalie, who will be in Europe for break. I have lots to look forward to- but also lots of work ahead of me!


Fan Section with huge Freiburg Flags

Yesterday I went to a SC Freiburg soccer game, my first real soccer game! I'm definately glad I went. We got the last standing room tickets and were in the north section of the stadium where the diehard fans are. They have huge flags they wave the whole game. The thing in Europe for soccer is that everyone has a scarf of their favorite team, so I bought a Freiburg scarf- officially a Freiburger! The game was freezing but I wore about 6 layers and 3 pairs of socks, so I made it until the end of the game. The best part? They WON! 1-0 against Hamburg, who I think might be a better team. It was a little boring since there was only one goal and it was within the first 10 minutes, but I am just glad they won!! Turned out to be a great Saturday.



Me and the Boys at the Freiburg Soccer Game


No comments:

Post a Comment